THE GRANIT TATRA CABINS MOUNTAIN HOTEL AND CLIMATIC SPA

PROMOTION

The Granit Smrekovica Mountain Hotel Hotel Granit Zemplínska šírava The Granit Tatra Cabins Mountain Hotel and climatic spa Hotel Granit Piešťany - F.E.Scherer’s Spa Institute Granit Hospital - The Nová Polianka Highly-Specialized Institute for Pulmonary Diseases Facebook The Granit Tatra Cabins Mountain Hotel and climatic spa - Online camera


HORSKÝ HOTEL GRANIT TATRANSKÉ ZRUBY O 1000 m bližšie ku hviezdam




Tatra Cabins is an exceptional part of the town of Vysoké Tatry. It’s the peaceful background of the busy Smokovec and an excellent starting point for hiking in the central part of the High Tatras. The Granit Tatra Cabins Mountain Hotel and climatic spa is located in the High Tatras at the foot of Slavkovský Peak at an altitude of 1000m above sea level on the territory of Tatra National Park. The hotel and climatic spa provide accommodation and catering options of European standard with relaxation facilities. In addition, they offer comprehensive climatic spa treatment. The newly built rehabilitation department, put into operation in 2010, is also part of the spa treatment.

History

The Tatra Cabins recreation settlement is located west of Starý Smokovec next to Freedom Road. The settlement was created in 1923 as a log cabin training camp for the Czechoslovak Army’s mountain troops, therefore the name Military Cabins was originally used. The attendants of military trainings and exercises were often used to build the Tatra hiking trails and cottages. During the Slovak National Uprising, the local military garrison joined the anti-fascist resistance. After the threat of bombing the Tatra settlements from the fascist air forces, it moved to the Low Tatras. After the war, Tatra Cabins became a military convalescent home. In 1967, a large modern convalescent home of a hotel type was built here (Daniel Kollár - Dajama 1998). A monument in memory of the 24 Soviet airmen and Czechoslovak paratroopers who came to aid the Slovak National Uprising and died on 9 October 1944 in the wreckage of the Douglas transport aircraft in Zadný Gerlach is located in the settlement.